5 2 3
Heritage character home in a fantastic location
This fully accessible home is full of character, and characters, in the sought after suburb of leafy Mount Lawley. You will be sharing the home with four ladies, aged in their 40s – 50s, whose interests include gardening, music, going to concerts and live shows, AFL football & getting out and about in the local community. These ladies have a wicked sense of humour and enjoy socialising.
For outdoor living, there is a sunny patio/BBQ area and gardens. One of the ladies in particular really enjoys tending the plants, and also takes cuttings and pots them to sell in her plant stall.
Support staff (both male and female) are available at the home 24/7, including active overnight support. Support staff receive annual training such as manual handling, seizure & medication management, and regular refreshers in First Aid. Staff can also receive training in specific competencies such as PEG feeding if required. The home is fully wheelchair accessible, and you will have your own bathroom to use adjacent to the vacant bedroom.
The location of this home is second to none – walking or powered wheelchair/scooter distance to Beaufort Street and all of its cafes, bars and boutique shops. The beautiful Hyde Park is also just down the road for those who enjoy the outdoors.
There are also several other amenities within close distance, such as an excellent medical centre and pharmacy, and the closest bus stop is on Walcott Street for quick and easy access to public transport.
If you want to know more about how this property could be your next home, call our team today on 1300 106 106.
- Five bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
- Single storey
- 2 Spacious living areas
- Reverse cycle air conditioning throughout the house
- Undercover outdoor living area and gardens
- 24 hour support workers on site, with awake support overnight
- Wheelchair accessible vehicle for residents to utilise
- Local amenities close by
- A great team of friendly, experienced and caring support staff
In addition to your funding:
- Rent – 25% of your Disability Support Pension and 100% of your Commonwealth Rent Assistance
- Housekeeping – Covers your shared expenses for example food, utilities, furniture for common areas. The amount is determined by each house and averages at $150 per week. You and your housemates can make decisions about how you want to run your housekeeping.
What funding do I need?
- You may be eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funding called Supported Independent Living Funding. This funding is for assistance with daily personal supports and accommodation related community access such as shopping and medical appointments.
- You may already have Accommodation Support Funding through the Department for Communities – Disability Services.
- You may have funding through the Catastrophic Injury Scheme or be the recipient of a compensation payment.
Please contact our team for guidance.
or call 1300 106 106