5 2 2
A home to enjoy outdoor living
This single level, spacious home is located in Kewdale. Built in 2005, this brick home has five bedrooms, two bathrooms and two living areas. This property has a lovely garden, BBQ and outdoor entertaining area. It is wheelchair accessible and has ceiling hoists. Entry to the house is via an electric operated door. The current housemates are a very friendly crew. All are men who have retired from their working lives but still enjoy being social and active. Two much loved cats complete the current household.
This property is staffed by 24 hour awake shift support workers.
The closest shopping centre is Belmont Forum, a 15 minute walk or three minute drive away. There are medical centres and pharmacies close by. The home is close to the bus stop for routes 39 and 284 on Kew Street (two minute walk) and Oat Street train station is a 10 minute drive away. Tomato Lake is the closest park (10 minute walk) and the Belmont Oasis Recreation Centre offers a wide range of activities. The closest library is on Abernethy Road adjacent to Belmont Forum.
If you want to know more about how this property could be your next home, call our team today on 1300 106 106.
- Five bedrooms – all with built-ins – three with ceiling hoists
- Single storey
- Two bathrooms – one with ceiling hoist
- Two spacious living areas – both with TVs
- Reverse cycle ducted air conditioning
- Undercover outdoor living area
- 24 hour awake shift support workers
- Vehicle for residents
- Local amenities close by
In addition to your funding:
- Rent – 25% of your Disability Support Pension and 100% of your Commonwealth Rent Assistance
- Housekeeping – Covers your shared expenses for example food, utilities, furniture for common areas. The amount is determined by each house and averages at $150 per week. You and your housemates can make decisions about how you want to run your housekeeping.
What funding do I need?
- You may be eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funding called Supported Independent Living Funding. This funding is for assistance with daily personal supports and accommodation related community access such as shopping and medical appointments.
- You may already have Accommodation Support Funding through the Department for Communities – Disability Services.
- You may have funding through the Catastrophic Injury Scheme or be the recipient of a compensation payment.
Please contact our team for guidance.
or call 1300 106 106