5 2 2
An opportunity to live in a friendly community
This spacious, friendly home is located within scooter/power wheelchair distance from Belmont Forum Shopping Centre. It features 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and 2 living areas.
The home is fully wheelchair accessible with entry via an electric operated front door. The home is currently staffed 24hrs per day by both male and female support staff (including active overnight support), and individuals are supported and encouraged to live their lifestyle of their choice.
The home has a fantastic outdoor area with a BBQ and lovely gardens. All current housemates are mature aged gentlemen, who enjoy watching the footy, movies, and cooking. One of the men enjoys his roses and works 2 x days per week. Seeking male housemate of similar age group and interests.
The closest shopping centre is Belmont Forum, a 15 minute walk or three minute drive away. There are medical centres and pharmacies close by. The home is close to the bus stop for routes 39 and 284 on Belmont Avenue (two minute walk) and Oat Street train station is a 10 minute drive away. Tomato Lake is the closest park (10 minute walk) and the Belmont Oasis Recreation Centre offers a wide range of activities. The closest library is on Abernethy Road adjacent to Belmont Forum.
More photos coming soon.
If you want to know more about how this property could be your next home, call our team today on 1300 106 106.
- Five bedrooms
- Single storey
- Two bathrooms
- Two spacious living areas
- Reverse cycle air conditioning throughout the house, including a unit in the vacant bedroom
- Vacant room has direct private access to the back patio area
- Undercover outdoor living area
- 24 hour awake shift support workers
- Wheelchair accessible vehicle for residents to utilise
- Local amenities close by
- A great team of friendly, experienced support staff
In addition to your funding:
- Rent – 25% of your Disability Support Pension and 100% of your Commonwealth Rent Assistance
- Housekeeping – Covers your shared expenses for example food, utilities, furniture for common areas. The amount is determined by each house and averages at $150 per week. You and your housemates can make decisions about how you want to run your housekeeping.
What funding do I need?
- You may be eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funding called Supported Independent Living Funding. This funding is for assistance with daily personal supports and accommodation related community access such as shopping and medical appointments.
- You may already have Accommodation Support Funding through the Department for Communities – Disability Services.
- You may have funding through the Catastrophic Injury Scheme or be the recipient of a compensation payment.
Please contact our team for guidance.
or call 1300 106 106