4 1 3
1 Vacancy – Available after 22 July 2020
One for those who enjoy nature and being outdoors
This fully accessible home is located at the scenic foothills of Kalamunda in Forrestfield, and is one of three units on this site, so there is no shortage of friendly neighbours.
You will be sharing this particular unit with three others, both male and females aged between their 30 – 60yrs. Your future housemates use some Makaton signing and body language to communicate, enjoy spending time out in the sunshine in the courtyard area, and getting involved in tending to the gardens. Other interests include listening to music, engaging in sensory activities, and getting out and about in the community. You will have access to a wheelchair accessible vehicle that is based at the house for outings and appointments.
The vacant room has direct private access to the courtyard, and has a ceiling hoist installed to support transferring if required. There is a shared accessible bathroom.
Shared support staff (both male and female) are available at the home 24/7, including active overnight support. Support staff receive annual training such as manual handling, seizure & medication management, and regular refreshers in First Aid. Staff can also receive training in specific competencies such as PEG feeding if required. In this particular home, staff are experienced in supporting people who may have Positive Behaviour Support requirements.
If you enjoy being outdoors and experiencing nature, there is an abundance of parks in this area within close proximity to the house.
There are also several other amenities within close distance, such as shops, cafes, and an excellent medical centre and pharmacy.
If you want to know more about how this property could be your next home, call our team today on 1300 106 106.
- Four bedrooms
- Three bathrooms
- Single storey
- One spacious living area
- Vacant room is spacious, adjacent to a shared bathroom, and has its own outdoor entrance
- 24 hour support workers on site, with awake support overnight
- Ducted reverse cycle air conditioning throughout
- Undercover outdoor living area and gardens
- Wheelchair accessible vehicle for residents to utilise
- Local amenities and parklands close by
- A great team of friendly, experienced and caring support staff
In addition to your funding:
- Rent – 25% of your Disability Support Pension and 100% of your Commonwealth Rent Assistance
- Housekeeping – Covers your shared expenses for example food, utilities, furniture for common areas. The amount is determined by each house and averages at $150 per week. You and your housemates can make decisions about how you want to run your housekeeping.
What funding do I need?
- You may be eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funding called Supported Independent Living Funding. This funding is for assistance with daily personal supports and accommodation related community access such as shopping and medical appointments.
- You may already have Accommodation Support Funding through the Department for Communities – Disability Services.
- You may have funding through the Catastrophic Injury Scheme or be the recipient of a compensation payment.
Please contact our team for guidance.
or call 1300 106 106