3 1 2
Fully accessible, friendly home
This 3 bedroom home is located in the quiet suburb of Alexander Heights. You will be sharing with two friendly ladies aged in their 30s – 40s, whose interests include arts and crafts, music, and getting out in the community. Both ladies are animal lovers, one of which currently has her own cat which she cares for. Another is an entrepreneur who has started an online business in graphic design.
Staff recently supported the ladies to create a “Tik Tok” video, and they enjoy dancing around the house to music. The team here are very engaging.
The covered courtyard is spacious and ideal for enjoying the Perth weather. You can enjoy reading a book, doing some art or pottering in the garden.
Support staff are available at the home 24/7, including active overnight support. Support staff receive annual training such as manual handling, seizure & medication management, and regular refreshers in First Aid. Staff can also receive training in specific competencies such as PEG feeding if required. The home is fully wheelchair accessible, and you will have your own bathroom to use adjacent to the vacant bedroom.
In close proximity to this lovely home is the Alexander Heights Shopping Centre, which includes all amenities such as supermarkets, cafes and a medical centre, all within walking/powered wheelchair distance.
There are also several parks within close distance, and a bus stop just across the road from the house for quick access to public transport.
If you want to know more about how this property could be your next home, call our team today on 1300 106 106.
- Three bedrooms
- Two bathrooms
- Single storey
- Spacious living area
- Reverse cycle air conditioning throughout the house, including a unit in the vacant bedroom
- Vacant room is spacious and adjacent to its own bathroom
- Undercover outdoor living area & gardens
- 24 hour awake shift support workers
- Wheelchair accessible vehicle for residents to utilise
- Local amenities close by
- A great team of friendly, experienced support staff
In addition to your funding:
- Rent – 25% of your Disability Support Pension and 100% of your Commonwealth Rent Assistance
- Housekeeping – Covers your shared expenses for example food, utilities, furniture for common areas. The amount is determined by each house and averages at $150 per week. You and your housemates can make decisions about how you want to run your housekeeping.
What funding do I need?
- You may be eligible for the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) funding called Supported Independent Living Funding. This funding is for assistance with daily personal supports and accommodation related community access such as shopping and medical appointments.
- You may already have Accommodation Support Funding through the Department for Communities – Disability Services.
- You may have funding through the Catastrophic Injury Scheme or be the recipient of a compensation payment.
Please contact our team for guidance.
or call 1300 106 106