We help employers enrich their workplace through diversity
If you are interested in offering work experience or employing a person with a disability, we provide a free job matching service to find the right person for your business.
Our staff are experienced at placing people with disability with employers and we believe in building capacity to work – we are not just a recruitment agency and we know our jobseekers personally.
Our service begins with a discussion with you to understand your interest in employing someone with a disability, the nature of your business and the tasks that might be best suited to someone with a disability. Once this is complete, we look for the right jobseeker for your business. When a suitable jobseeker is found, our Employment Support Coordinator will be with you every step of the way.
- comprehensive individual on the job support and training for the job seekers
- information sessions for those who will work alongside the job seekers and for your broader workforce so they can become ‘disability confident’
You do not have to offer a permanent full time role up front. We find that the best place to start can be with simple routine or process tasks that someone can do for a few hours a week to begin with or with a work experience placement for a couple of weeks.
We are a small provider and you will receive personalised service. You will meet our staff and get to know them and have regular progress updates.
Our support for you and the job seeker is provided free of charge for as long as needed by mutual agreement.
- Access to Australian Government financial incentives for employers
- Financial incentives to employers who employ an Australian apprentice with a disability and satisfy the disability eligibility criteria.
- Insurance cover for short unpaid work experience placements
- Logo recognition on Ability Centre’s website.
- Invitation to our annual Employer Hall of Fame event.
Organisations we work with
People who live with a disability have a wide range of skills and as a result, we work with many different employers in the following industries:
- Clothing Retail
- Food processing
- Fast food outlets