All camps are postponed indefinitely
There are no upcoming camps.
Please contact our Camps Team Leader for the costs of specific camps by email email@example.com or by calling 1300 106 106.
While customers continue to transition to the NDIS, Ability Centre has camp funding available for existing eligible customers. For those who have already transitioned into the NDIS, your NDIS core supports funding can be used to attend camps.
If your child has never attended one of our camps but you think they may be interested, contact us for the opportunity to come along and try.
Accessing funding for Camps under NDIS
If you would like your child to attend an Ability Centre camp, it’s important that you request this at your NDIS planning meeting.
Here are some tips on how to request funding:
- NDIS is goals and outcomes-based, therefore your child will need to express that one of their goals is to achieve one of the following:
- I would like to make new friends in a safe and fun environment
- I would like to attend another Ability Centre Camp
- I would like to develop my drama skills further at a camp
- I would like to participate in more sports
- Ability Centre Camps fall under several goals, for example, social participation or health and wellbeing. It is good to know what is most important to you and your child prior to attending your NDIS meeting and communicating this to the planner.
If you are looking for some more guidance regarding NDIS or you are unsure where to start on your NDIS planning journey a good starting point is our Ability Centre NDIS Planning Workbook.
This is a great tool to help you focus on the most important things that matter to you, your health and your wellbeing. You can also add your camp goals to the workbook.
Once you have your plan, this workbook will also help us to better understand how we can work with you to help achieve your goals.
If you still have questions about the NDIS or your plan, give our friendly Customer Engagement team a call on 1300 106 106 or email them on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Further information on the NDIS can be found here.