Thank you for your ongoing assistance with ensuring we adhere to State Government advice regarding COVID-19. With the latest easing of COVID-19 restrictions at midnight tonight, we are still required to have some measures in place as detailed below.
The following group sessions scheduled for Monday, 3rd – Friday 7th May have been cancelled.
- Any water-based/pool activity at Coolbinia, North and South, as no physical distancing/mask wearing can occur for this type of therapy.
- Tiny Sparks Playgroup, as it is difficult to socially distance with babies/toddlers, and we do not want to put vulnerable customers at risk.
All other group and individual therapy sessions will proceed for the week as scheduled. Should you prefer not to attend appointments this week or would rather they be conducted by Telehealth, please contact us. Our normal cancellation process and charges will apply.
Both our Equipment Solutions workshops, in Malaga and Coolbinia, will be open during the week. A contactless service can be accessed by calling the Workshop.
Therapists will continue to deliver services at our shared living residences during the week.
Supported Independent Living Customers
Support workers will continue to provide services to all customers who live with us and live in their own homes. The following restrictions will apply until 12.01am Saturday 8th May, as directed by the State Government:
- One household can visit a customer per day in our homes. Please use the existing booking system.
- All staff will continue to wear masks while at work including our residential homes. This includes therapists who will continue to provide services to residents during this week. Services will be face to face or via Telehealth.
- Customers who wish to attend Opportunities outside of the home may do so. We encourage you to discuss any potential risks with your coordinator and try to stay away from more densely populated venues. Please wear a mask if possible whilst in attendance.
- Customers who live with Ability Centre and work at Goodwill Engineering can return to work this week as per usual and wear a mask.
Supported Employees can all return to work at Goodwill Engineering or Containers 4 Change on Monday, 3rd May. Masks will need to be worn at all times whilst at work.
Opportunities for external customers
Opportunities will resume from Monday, 3rd May for those who wish to attend. We encourage you to discuss any risks with your coordinator and try to stay away from more densely populated venues. Customers are to wear a mask if possible whilst in attendance.
Services are available for those who wish to access respite.
Independent Living Options (ILO)
Essential support to Independent Living Option customers will continue as usual.
Thank you again for your ongoing support. We appreciate your assistance and cooperation and will provide any updates as COVID-19 restrictions change.