As you will be aware, the WA Government has announced a three-day lockdown commencing midnight, Friday 23rd April until midnight, Monday 26th April. It is mandatory to wear masks from 6pm this evening.
Ability Centre has implemented the following measures in response to the government directive:
- Personal Protection Equipment (PPE) supplies including masks will continue to be available at all of our sites.
- There are to be no external visitors to any locations during the lockdown period.
Ability Centre will continue to monitor government and Health Department announcements over the coming days and provide you with updates as they become available
All group therapy sessions scheduled for Tuesday are cancelled. In the meantime, please assume any scheduled Tuesday appointments will proceed as planned unless you hear otherwise.
Supported Independent Living Customers
Support Workers are considered essential workers and will continue to provide services to all customers who live with us and live in their own homes. The following restrictions will apply as directed by the government:
- No visitors are allowed to disability accommodation locations. Visitor entry is on compassionate grounds only and must be approved by the on-call manager.
- All Support Workers will wear masks..
- Essential services such as doctors and medical services may continue.
- Customers may exercise in their local community for up to one hour per day and are encouraged to wear masks whilst doing so.
- Shopping is for essential purposes only.
Goodwill Engineering and Containers 4 Change will be closed on Monday. Supported Employees will not be working on Tuesday.
Opportunities Program for customers who live in Ability Centre homes.
Opportunities will continue to be provided to customers who live in Ability Centre accommodation on Monday and Tuesday and will be delivered in the home
Opportunities for external customers
Opportunities for external customers will be cancelled for Monday and Tuesday. A Coordinator is calling all customers this afternoon in relation to this. We will be back in contact with you on Tuesday pending further government advice on the recommencement of services.
Arnhem Court will remain open for customers booked from Friday night to Tuesday night. All respite customers booked for this weekend will be contacted by Ability Centre.
Independent Living Options (ILO)
Essential support to Independent Living Option customers will continue as usual and masks will be delivered to your home for your support workers to use this afternoon.