Today the State Government announced the end of lockdown in Perth and Peel at midnight tonight (Monday, 26th April), as well as COVID-19 restrictions that will be in place from 12.01am Tuesday, 27th April to 12.01am Saturday, 1st May. Following this announcement, Ability Centre has implemented the following measures.
All group therapy sessions scheduled for Tuesday, 27th April have been cancelled.
- Strength gym group (which was to be held at Morley Recreation Centre) is cancelled for this week.
- Any water-based/pool activity at Coolbinia is cancelled this week so as to follow the guidelines (no physical distancing/mask wearing is possible in the pool).
The therapy team will be in touch with you to cancel your group/water based session and let you know when your therapy will recommence.
Any one-on-one therapy appointments scheduled for tomorrow, and the rest of the week, will proceed as planned unless you hear otherwise. Should you prefer that your appointment be converted to Teletherapy, please contact us on 1300 106 106. Please note however that we require 24 hour’s notice should you wish to cancel and not incur a fee for your appointment.
Both our Equipment Solutions workshops, in Malaga and Coolbinia, will be open during the week and a contactless service will be offered for repairs (with same day return) – contact our Malaga workshop directly if interested.
Therapists will continue to deliver services at our shared living residences during the week with masks worn at all times. Therapists will contact all Community Services residents receiving face to face therapy services this week, prior to their scheduled sessions, to ensure they would like the session to proceed or convert to teletherapy.
Supported Independent Living Customers
We will continue to provide services to all customers who live with us and live in their own homes. The following restrictions will apply until 12.01am Saturday 1st May, as directed by the State Government:
- No visitors are allowed to disability accommodation locations. Visitor entry is on compassionate grounds only and must be approved by the manager.
- All Ability Centre employees and any agency staff will continue to wear masks while at work including our residential homes. This includes therapists who will continue to provide services to residents during this week. Services will be face to face or via Telehealth.
- Essential services such as doctors and medical services may continue.
- Customers may exercise for up to one hour per day and are encouraged to wear masks whilst doing so.
- Shopping is for essential purposes only and should be avoided to minimise risk.
- Customers who work at Goodwill Engineering will not attend work this week.
Goodwill Engineering and Containers 4 Change
Supported Employees will not be working at Goodwill Engineering or Containers 4 Change on Tuesday, 27th April. We will reconvene tomorrow and inform you then as to whether they will be able to attend work on Wednesday, 28th April.
Opportunities Program for customers who live in Ability Centre homes.
Opportunities will continue to be provided to customers who live in Ability Centre accommodation during this week and will be delivered in the home.
Opportunities for external customers
Opportunities for external customers will be cancelled for the rest of this week and recommence on Monday, 3rd May.
Arnhem Court will remain open for customers who have booked and new bookings will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Independent Living Options (ILO)
Essential support to Independent Living Option customers will continue as usual.
I want to reassure you that the health and safety of our customers and employees remains our top priority and we continue to be guided by directives from the State Government. We will provide you with updated information as this comes to hand. Stay safe and please call us if you are uncertain about any of your services this week or you have an urgent need, on 1300 106 106.
Chief Executive Officer