- To continue to provide essential services, safely
- To meet all government and other guidelines
- To maintain a best practice and conservative approach to infection prevention and control
- To remain vigilant to any changes in risk or requirements from the government, and respond in a timely manner
Across Ability Centre
- At all locations and before any visits, our employees will check that everyone is well and should not be isolating or in quarantine.
- Signage will be clearly displayed at all Ability Centre locations as a reminder.
- All customers, visitors and employees will sign in at all Ability Centre locations daily, for contact tracing purposes.
- Everyone attending an Ability Centre site will have their temperature tested and must register less than 37.5 C.
- The maximum occupancy for all rooms, including reception areas, has been measured and calculated.
- All occupancy limits allow for a minimum of 2m2 per person.
- Signage indicates the room’s capacity, and reminds people to maintain 1.5m physical distancing.
- Seating and desk arrangements have been adjusted to maximise the distance between working and meeting spaces and minimise shared equipment and spaces wherever possible.
- In Shared Living homes, the number of visitors at any time is managed through a visitor booking system rather than occupancy signage.
Cleaning and Hygiene
- All shared spaces (e.g. meeting rooms, therapy room, kitchens, desks, pool vehicles) will be wiped clean after each use.
- Cleaning kits will be available in all shared spaces, containing (at a minimum) disinfectant spray, disposable towels, tissues, hand sanitiser, and a bin or bin bag for disposing of waste.
- Signage on appropriate use of hand sanitiser and soap is displayed around Ability Centre locations to support strong infection prevention.
- Cleaning frequency and protocols have been increased across all Ability Centre locations.
- A central supply of PPE is maintained to safely support customers who may test positive for COVID-19.
- All employees have completed an infection prevention training module in 2020, in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Covid-19 management groups meet regularly to monitor and make decisions about the Ability Centre COVID-19 Safe Plan, implement any changes required and remain prepared for any potential COVID-19 cases.
- Ability Centre will request and review COVID-19 Safe Plans from other organisations / contractors who visit, to ensure that a high standard of safety is maintained.
- Quality Assurance checks are performed regularly to ensure the measures are effective.
- Regular reviews of response procedures, PPE and cleaning product stock levels are carried out.
- Regular communication to employees, customers, families and stakeholders on our COVID-19 Safe Plan.
Ability Centre provides a range of different services, all of which have specific and additional COVID-19 preventative measures in place for the safety of their customers, visitors and employees. For further information: